Remember this Marquis of Snakes-logo I posted a few months ago?
Well, anyway, I was never really happy with how the letters turned out. So I decided to re-do them — from scratch. At the time of writing, I’m about half-way done (see below) — and it shows an improvement over the original lettering.
Last time, I didn’t get around to adding all the graphics that I originally intended to add. This time however, I already went ahead with sketching the demon in the back of the logo (see below).
I’m really looking forward to finishing this logo. And if you’re excited as I am to seeing this one finished — then stay tuned for future updates!
Lately, I’ve been doing some character design for a couple of projects, some commissioned and some personal. Below, you can see some examples.
Earlier today someone asked me, “Do you have a site or a blog I could check to see some of your work?” Which reminded me that I do actually. And with that realization came the one that I’ve been sitting on some news for quite a while now.
My last post was about the new Cardinal logo which I ended by noting that I was working on several more. And well some of them, they are about done and with others, progress is being made.
While on the subject of band art, I also want to mention — if I haven’t done so in a previous blog entry — that I completed designing my first fully-illustrated album cover. The band members were so pleased with the design that they also had it printed as an on-stage backdrop of about ten by six feet. And it’s already seen some live use at a gig last weekend. Even so, the band have requested me not to show it in full just yet because they want to do a big reveal for the label and their fans in an official kind of way sometime soon.
I can show you, however, something entirely else — a cartoon I recently finished drawing. There’s a bit a of a story behind it, the details of which I’ll recount at a later date, probably sometime later this week. So for now, just enjoy what you see here.
Some of you may have seen the final t-shirt design* already. Some of you who have not seen it should see it, especially if you play in a band. Maybe some who have seen it should see it again.
It’s been a long time dream come true. Over the years I’ve scratched off a few things of my “bucket list” — I’ve designed logos for some cool bands and I’ve even done some album art… but until now I had never designed a t-shirt. So yeah, it’s been great to work on this one, since it also features in a logo designed by me.
As to the design itself, there’s not much to add. Dauthuz is an old-school Death Metal band. And nothing says “old-school Death Metal” more than a pair of — not really anatomically correct — skulls.
Now, if you’re in a Death Metal band and need some artwork for your album or whatever, feel free to contact me and we will work something out.
*) Soon you can order my t-shirt through their webstore for measly ten euros!
It was Thursday yesterday. So it was that day of the week on which we throwback to, well, old shit we’ve already posted. Anyway. I was looking through some old sketches and I came across these cutesy princesses. I didn’t feel like resharing them since I never really liked them in the first place — I do think they had potential, though –, so instead I decided on revamping their design concept.
In other news, I did another Shape Challenge which spurred my creativity.
Finally, I’m currently working on — you guessed it! — yet another makeover for portfolio purposes. I know there isn’t much to show yet, but for those who are interested in seeing how I start off my work process…